Wednesday 24 November 2010

Saturday, Sunday and today
















On Saturday, Mike and I called in at the Cooper Art Gallery in Barnsley, which is holding its Christmas exhibition of crafts and was was also hosting a craft fair. One of the artists with a stall there caught my eye. Tanya Palmer is based in Holmfirth and produces wonderful free motion embroidery like the image taken from her website above. Well worth a browse: http://www.tanyapalmer.co.uk/

On Sunday we went to my Mum's 80th birthday party, but had just enough time before hand to call in at Kisko/Fabric Guild in Leicester http://www.fabricguild.co.uk/. This is a fantastic shop and highly recommended, opening on Friday and Sunday mornings every week. I was looking for a fabric marker pen which does actually disappear when its supposed to. The Maderia Magic Pen I have been using; great for silk, but resolutely staying put and busy being purple on white cotton, needs replacing. My friend Janet has lent me a blue marker pen which disappears completely when ironed and is excellent, but was sourced from France and is hers, so I have purchased two different marker pens to trial. I also bought a fabric eraser which has worked really well at removing silver marking pencil.

Whilst there I also managed to pick up a few more odds and ends-it would be rude not to! Including some materials for my latest project which is animal portraits- next on the list to be done are my guinea pigs!

I saw a lady standing in front of the threads trying to stop herself from picking them up and saying to herself out loud "Its just so tempting!" I know to my cost that it is!

My most exciting news so far this week has to have been this morning when I logged onto the UCAS site to check the progress of my applications. I found that my unconditional offer from Huddersfield had been registered. There was much dancing around the house and celebration! I am so excited about the prospect I can hardly contain myself! So in September, 21 years after my first student experience I will be studying again but this time for Textile Crafts- yeahhhhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment