Friday 19 November 2010

Planning to stitch

I currently work as a town planner/programme manager/project officer. I chose planning originally because I had an interest in geography and I knew I would get a steady and sensible job. It has provided steady work but, as with many people, this is set to change and 21 years of constant employment is due to end in the next few months. Knowing this was on the way prompted me to start to work with a life coach, Dougie, to plan what I am going to do next.

Over the last few months, with the support of my wonderful hub Mike and with Dougie's help, I have discovered that what I really want to be, is a textile artist and I am hoping that I will soon get confirmation of a place on the BA (Hons) Textile Crafts course at Huddersfield University- my fingers are crossed! There has been some angst about such a departure from my current career and the cost of  studying for a degree, but despite all the thinking, talking, analysing, calculating and alternative plan formulation, I come to the same conclusion -that I want to study for a degree in textiles to help me achieve my ambition.

I hope that this blog will form a journal of my progress.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!
    I have complete faith in you to acheive your goal and look forward to sharing in your artistic journey.

    ReplyDelete