Saturday 17 September 2011

Time flies

It's amazing how time flies. I can't believe that it is so long since my last post. However - I have been v busy since then, attending the Festival of Quilts at the NEC, a trip to Manchester, the Harrogate Quilt show and spending a few days in Herefordshire, testing out amongst other things, the cider of course  and discovering the work of local artists. The Festival of Quilts was as busy as ever, as was the Harrogate show. It was really interesting to see the work on show; I've been particularly drawn to the quilts with bright colours and bold designs, particularly applique. 


In Manchester we went to the Whitworth and saw amongst other things its fabulous textile gallery. We also went to the City's art gallery but didn't do it justice in the time available- another trip must be on the cards!


Mike and I spent a few days in Herefordshire earlier this month. Of the work we came across, I especially enjoyed seeing the work of Sarah Cheese, who lives in the Forest of Dean and whose work is a mixture of quilting and machine embroidery. Sarah Cheese


I also really liked the work of Mark Hearld. His work can be seen at Godfrey and Watt  and St Judes Gallery

I've been producing some work for the Cooper Gallery Christmas Fair; its not materialising as quickly as I would like, but I still have time. I will post images of a selection of stuff nearer the time. The vvvvv most exciting thing however is that the day after tomorrow is my first day as a full time student after a gap of 20 something years-only 2 more sleeps! OMG! Am v v v excited! It is amazing that it is almost here. I have paid my fees, I have bought my student travel card, I don't have any studenty clothes, I don't have pink hair, but I am good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment